- Lighting Designer for Theatrical Productions, Dance, Architecture and Themed Environments.
- Over 25 years of professional design in theatre and dance.
- Over 15 years as a professor of lighting at the University of California, Irvine.
- Able to work under all types of diverse situations, while retaining a strong emphasis on the aesthetic needs of a project.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently within a fast‐paced theatrical environment.
- Strong background in themed lighting.
- Eleventh season as resident lighting designer for the Great River Shakespeare Festival.
- Producer/Faculty Mentor for Brown Bag Theater Company.
- Resident Designer for Ballet Repertory Theatre for 30 years.
- Architectural and Show/Ride Lighting Designer for Universal Studios Japan.
Selected Design Experience
Opera Festival on Ice with Bietak Productions at the National Opera Theatre of Muscat in the country of Oman. American Mariachi, Outside Mullingar, and Where the Mountain Meets the Moon at South Coast Repertory, 11 seasons with The Great River Shakespeare Festival and most recently Cymbeline and Macbeth, Hamlet for The Repertory Theatre of Saint Louis, Lion in Winter and Harvey for Laguna Playhouse, Mojada for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Murder for Two for Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park and Center REPertory, The Glass Menagerie for Arizona Theatre Company and Into the Beautiful North world premiere for San Diego Repertory. He also designed Culture Clash in AmeriCCa both at South Coast Repertory and San Diego Repertory. He is an associate artist for Cornerstone Theater Company where he has designed 10 productions including, and most recently, Ghost Town and Touch the Water on the LA River. Other designs include over 30 productions at South Coast Repertory, including La Posada Magica for 15 seasons, Abundance and The Whipping Man (co-production with Pasadena Playhouse), Dialogos: The Long Road Today. He designed a total of eight seasons for the Utah Shakespearean Festival in both their indoor and outdoor theatres. He has also designed full‐length ballets such as The Nutcracker, Giselle, Coppelia, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella along with many divertissements ballets for Ballet Repertory Theatre. His work can be seen at Universal Studios, Japan in such shows and attractions as Terminator 2 in 3D, Jurassic Park the Ride, Snoopy Studios and the architectural façade lighting for the Jurassic Area, Amity Area, Snoopy Plaza, Hollywood Blvd. and Western Street.
Education: MFA in Lighting Design and a BA Degree in Drama from the University of California, Irvine.
REFERENCES UPON REQUEST