- Lighting Designer for Theatrical Productions, Architecture, Themed Environments, and Dance.
- Over 15 years of professional design in theatre and dance.
- Over 10 years as a professor of lighting at the University of California, Irvine.
- Able to work under all types of diverse situations, while retaining a strong emphasis on the aesthetic needs of a particular project.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently within a fast-paced theatrical environment.
- Strong background in themed lighting.
- Fifth season as lighting designer for the Great River Shakespeare Festival.
- Creative Design Consultant for Breath of Fire Latina Theatre Company.
- Architectural and Show/Ride Lighting Designer for Universal Studios Japan.
- Resident Designer for Ballet Repertory Theatre for over 30 years.
Selected Design Experience
King Lear and Two Gentlemen of Verona for The Great River Shakespeare Festival, Absurd Person Singular for South Coast Repertory, Comedy of Errors at The Repertory Theatre of Saint Louis, Dead Man’s Cell Phone for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Ordinary Days for South Coast Repertory, The Glass Menagerie for Arizona Theatre Company and Water and Power for San Diego Repertory. He also designed Culture Clash in AmeriCCa both at South Coast Repertory and San Diego Repertory. He is an associate artist for Cornerstone Theater Company where he has designed 10 productions including, and most recently, The Unrequited as a co-production with Watts Village Theatre and Touch the Water on the LA River. Other designs include: In the Grace of the World for the Orchestra of St. Luke’s and over 30 productions at South Coast Repertory, including La Posada Magica for 15 seasons, Saturn Returns, An Italian Straw Hat, Emilie, Goldfish, Sidney Bechet Killed a Man (for which he received a Dramalogue Award). He designed again with Culture Clash on their national touring show Radio Mambo, which was seen in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Arizona, New York, Seattle and Washington DC. He has designed a total of eight seasons for the Utah Shakespearean Festival in both their indoor and outdoor theatres. He has also designed full-length ballets such as The Nutcracker, Giselle, Coppelia, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella along with many divertissements ballets for Ballet Repertory Theatre. His work can be see at Universal Studios, Japan in such shows and attractions as Terminator 2 in 3D, Jurassic Park the Ride, Snoopy Studios and the architectural façade lighting for the Jurassic Area, Amity Area, Snoopy Plaza, Hollywood Blvd. and Western Street.
Education: MFA in Lighting Design and a BA Degree in Drama from the University of California, Irvine.
REFERENCES UPON REQUEST